Sonntag, Oktober 23, 2005


The arts are very important to a large portion of Austrians. Looking down the south bank of the Danube there is the modern art museum followed by the Bruckerhaus, the orchestra house in Linz. Also along the bank are numerous modern art sculptures (I posted a photo of one awhile ago). I had the privilege of spending my weekend surrounded by art. Not only was I listening to good music performed well, I was surrounded by architecture that has existed longer than America. Today as I was sitting in a 17th century hall I closed my eyes and imagined what it might have been like to be there listening to the same music only a few hundred years ago. I have also seen so many 'new to me' instruments this weekend my brain is on overload. But I'm loving the experiences I'm having.

View My Stats