Mittwoch, November 16, 2005

If you have been faithfully following my blog, you probably remember a photo of my room taken just after I arrived in Linz. Today is two months from that post, so I thought I'd give you an update. Still the same room, but with a few more things in it including my wonderful roommate who joined me for the photo below. I can't believe it has been two months already! Seems like just yesterday I was on my way to the airport with my stomach in my throat, and yet in other ways it seems like I've always been here. So much has happened I don't know where to begin. I've attended many concerts, seen and played many organs, met many wonderful people and this week started an intense German course. I'm the only American, so no worries about me speaking English in class! Linz feels like home. There are trials, but that happens wherever one is, and having a better grasp of the language will certainly make things easier. I'm being exposed to a whole new world of music and trying to absorb it all is a bit overwhelming, but I have a fabulous teacher who is very understanding. If the next two months are as good as the last then I can't wait to get started! Bring on the German, bring on the music, bring on the cold weather! I'm living in Austria!!!!

Nothing like self-portraits, eh? Isn't my roomie cute? We've worked out a system where I speak German to her and she speaks English to me. We both get practice that way! And she takes like 5 minute showers! Who can complain about someone who is that efficient?

1 Comments:

Blogger lady be good said...

you can complain if she is not getting clean in five minutes. phoo! ;) great to see the room pics- now, where do you eat exactly since i don't see a kitchen in this picture? is there a caf? do you like german food? is your roomate also an organist? i have never thought about organs in asia... or asians playing them... hmmmm. ;)

1:23 AM  

Kommentar veröffentlichen

<< Home


View My Stats