Mittwoch, März 07, 2007

Fira, the capital city of Santorini, and a very pretty city at that. Perched on a hill overlooking the sea, the streets are designedfor foot travel only. I have never been in a place so geared towards the tourism trade. More signs were in English than in Greek, I had to keep reminding myself that I actually was in Greece. A lot of the hotels and shops were closed until the tourist season. But I actually enjoyed being able to experience the local charm without the place being full of foreigners. The architecture and the views were simply breathtaking.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonym said...

"I really enjoyed. . .the local charm without the place being full of foreigners." Kinda ironc don't you think... you yourself being a tourist!

10:23 AM  

Kommentar veröffentlichen

<< Home


View My Stats