Dienstag, März 20, 2007

Well, the day has come. I leave my beautiful town of Linz in about 2 hours to go to Holland and visit some friends before continuing my journey to the US. People ask if I'm excited. People ask if I'm sad. The answer is I feel a little lost. I'm leaving a place that has been my home for almost two years, and all the friends and things that go along with that. I am returning to a place I once called home, but in many ways I feel like a stranger there now. I don't know exactly what I will do. Everything is a bit unstable, but I do feel that it is the right choice, so I trust it will all work out. And I know that I will return again. I love Austria, the land, the people, the food, the music. I want to thank everyone that has made my time here so enjoyable and hope we can stay in touch. I won't say good bye, because it's not good bye. It is just 'til we meet again!

2 Comments:

Blogger lady be good said...

this post makes me sad in many ways- one of which that when I try to put myself in your place, i can't imagine ever leaving poland like you are leaving linz, and yet, don't we both call the same land home? so torn...

3:01 PM  
Blogger An Enlightened Fellow said...

Indeed, having been through a similar experience, lost is how you will feel for a while. In time "lost" is replaced with "grateful" and you realize "lost" was a necessary step toward "found" in your journey, which nobody else can understand, just as you can understand nobody else's journey.

Good luck on the next stage of yours.

6:17 PM  

Kommentar veröffentlichen

<< Home


View My Stats