Dienstag, Dezember 27, 2005

Frohe Weihnachten! Buon Natale! Merry Christmas! Craciun Fericit! Joyeux Noel! Glædelig Jul! Feliz Navidad! Such were the greetings being given on my rather unique Christmas day in a hotel in Florence, Italy, spending the rainy day with friends. There were some in our group saying that it didn't feel like Christmas (we ate Italian food and had Linzer Torte (Austrian) for dessert. But what is Christmas? Traditions, family, gifts? Yes, but it is also so much more. A time to focus on the supreme gift of love that was given to each of us and to share that love with those around us. I'm reminded of a song that my family used to play during the holiday season and I can still hear Julie Andrews singing "So may I suggest The Secret of Christmas is not the things you do at Christmas time, but the Christmas things you do all year through".

View My Stats