Sonntag, Februar 19, 2006

Today marked yet another milestone in my life. I played for mass at the Alter Dom in Linz. Fortunately Gustl was there to keep track of the service stuff and I just had to concentrate on playing the organ, which I must say is probably the most challenging organ I've ever played. Between the short octaves on every keyboard and also in the pedal and the weight when manuals are coupled and the cold causing me to lose feeling in my fingertips, I had plenty to keep me busy besides the priest speaking in German! It wasn't flawless, but a good experience just the same. For more photos of the organ click on the link to the right for the Brucknerorgel.

6 Comments:

Blogger lady be good said...

Cool Beans! And I love seeing a picture of YOU for a change!

5:28 AM  
Blogger Linz Organist said...

I have dedicated myself to two years, and after that who knows! So yes, the plan is to be able to understand everything.

Well, enjoy the picture of me, because I typically prefer the other side of the camera!

6:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonym said...

Well, now that I've got Mass version 2.06 [English] under hand, I think it might be fun to try it in Deutsch. hehe

11:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonym said...

Way to go!! What a neat experience!! Can't wait to come over and see it all in person! :) -mly

4:25 PM  
Blogger Ijsbreker said...

congrats! again.

1:03 AM  
Blogger An Enlightened Fellow said...

I like how the marmot jacket/blue jeans combo and the Baroque architecture complement each other so well. :)

1:50 AM  

Kommentar veröffentlichen

<< Home


View My Stats