Freitag, November 03, 2006

I began my last post, only a few days ago, with a statement about how Autumn was here. Well, that has past, and with the new month came new weather. We had snow on November 1 and 2 and we could get more today. Some friends of mine from the more temperate country of England thought that a trip to Austria at this time of year would be nice. So I joined them in being swept off their feet by the wind, err, beauty of Vienna. This is a picture of Schloss Belvedere, a very beautiful palace from the early 1700s. It is surrounded by gardens that were designed by a pupil of the gardens of Versailles. Visiting here was the coldest point of my visit, and I couldn't feel my fingers as I was taking this picture. But we had a nice visit together and maybe I'll be able to go back sometime when it's warmer and I can spend more time walking around the grounds.

View My Stats