Mittwoch, September 21, 2005


Anton Bruckner is Linz, Austria's claim to fame. I've been here only a week and already I've seen his name plastered everywhere from churches where he served as organist to buildings where he lived or ate. Boats are named after him, streets are named after him and the concert hall, of course, named for him. Brucknerhaus. Every year for most of the month of September and some of October they hold Brucknerfest which involves many concerts as well as other events. His music is played not only in its original form but transcriptions for all sorts of instruments. I'm going tomorrow evening to hear the 9th symphony played on the organ. I've seen his own handwriting on an organ that he loved. I'm sure if I looked there would be a food named after him too. I'm a big fan, actually. His nose is more prominent than mine.

1 Comments:

Blogger Michael Morrison said...

So far I have only one Bruckner CD, but I have played and played it, both discs.
He was a terribly under-rated master.
I am tickled you're in a school with his name, and I do appreciate your photo of his plaque.
If you find you have too many recordings of his music and don't know what to do with them, I'll send you my address.
Continue to enjoy yourself, and please hurry back to perform for us.

5:48 PM  

Kommentar veröffentlichen

<< Home


View My Stats