Donnerstag, Jänner 12, 2006

I've postponed talking about my visit to Dachau mainly because I'm not sure what to say. Until you experience it yourself I think it's impossible to grasp. So I will share a few facts and if you want to look at more pictures visit my gallery. Dachau was Germany's first concentration camp, started in 1933. Designed to hold 6,000 people, it was possibly holding up to 60,000 during the war. Walking around it and reading all the information I felt like I should be in some medieval torture camp when in reality this all took place in my grandparent's time and very close to my parent's birth.

1 Comments:

Blogger Chileangirl said...

yup, i agree - difficult to grasp. went there summer of 2004 and had to take the rest of the day off to take a mental break. very powerful stuff that no words can fully describe.

7:38 AM  

Kommentar veröffentlichen

<< Home


View My Stats