Samstag, Jänner 14, 2006

This is the Evangelical Lutheran Church in Linz. I understand that there is supposed to be a new very good organ inside, but I haven't been able to see it yet. According to my teacher I'll be able to practice on it once it's completed, so I can't wait to get acquainted. I had observed in my time around Linz that ordinarily the churches sit very close to the road. Basically the last step is in the street. But I noticed that this one set quite a ways back and I didn't give it much thought other than maybe they had a bigger lot to build on or something. Then I was talking with my teacher and learned that during the counter Reformation the Jesuits were very active in Linz but Lutherans were still allowed to meet and have churches, they just had to be farther back from the streets. So now I know.

View My Stats